The Ozone Mains Monitor from Envin Scientific is a fixed-position ozone sensor with alarm states and mains power, for ongoing detection of excess ozone levels in a particular area.
Its modular design allows for easy maintenance, with an ozone module that can be replaced on-site. The ozone module can also be sent back to Envin Scientific for testing and to be recalibrated.
Each Ozone Mains Monitor is fitted with its own 90 dB alarm sounder, along with a relay activated circuit that allows external alarm equipment to be attached.
A simple reset button enables manual override. Importantly, the sounder will continue to beep intermittently until ozone levels fall, so manual intervention during an alarm state does not completely hide the fact that the system has detected high levels of ozone.
The Ozone Mains Monitor has a number of key features:
• Mains power operation for ongoing monitoring.
• Calibrated to 0.1 ppm and 0.18 ppm levels.
• Capable of monitoring up to 0.25 ppm ozone.
• Alarm state triggered at 0.18 ppm ozone.
• Volt-free relay for alarm condition.
• Manual alarm reset.
The calibrated levels of 0.1 ppm and 0.18 ppm ozone are designed for use in environments where monitoring needs to comply with EH40/2005 standards.
The Ozone Mains Monitor continually measures ambient levels of ozone in the local atmosphere, with an alarm state that is triggered if detected levels go above the recommended limit of 0.18 ppm ozone.
If this occurs, an internal relay circuit is automatically triggered, which in turn activates a volt-free or 12V DC output.
The Ozone Mains Monitor comes equipped with its own 90 dB alarm sounder, so that when excess ozone is detected, operators are immediately alerted that the alarm state has been triggered.
But the relay outputs also allow external alarm equipment to be connected, so an additional audio alarm or visual indicator can be used where appropriate.
The Ozone Mains Monitor has several stages of operation:
• During power up, the unit works through a self-test cycle. The power LED flashes, the warning and alarm LEDs are constant-on, and the relay triggers the alarm state.
• After self-test, the warning and alarm LEDs go out, the power LED switches to a steady-on state, and ozone monitoring begins.
• If detected ozone levels go above 0.18 ppm, the alarm state is triggered. The warning and alarm LEDs light, the internal sounder is activated and the relay output is turned on.
• When the warning and alarm LEDs are lit, pressing the reset button will switch the sounder from a constant tone to an intermittent beep.
• When the detected ozone level drops to less than 0.1 ppm, the relay circuit and indicator LEDs are automatically reset by the Ozone Mains Monitor system.
In this way, the monitor provides ongoing detection of safe and unsafe ozone levels, with manual intervention to override the alarm state when it is appropriate to do so.
The Ozone Mains Monitor is designed for ease of maintenance both on-site and if returning the ozone module to Envin Scientific for inspection.
• On-site maintenance is easier because the pre-calibrated ozone module can be entirely removed and replaced. This means the Ozone Mains Monitor usually does not need to be sent back to the factory to replace the ozone module.
• Alternatively, the ozone module can be sent to Envin Scientific for testing and calibration. Again, the rest of the Ozone Mains Monitor can usually remain in place and can continue to function if a replacement ozone module is installed.
We understand the need for uninterrupted monitoring in many environments where the Ozone Mains Monitor is installed. The modular design of the ozone sensor itself allows for this, with quick and easy replacement of the module while the monitor housing stays in situ.
In this way, safety is not put in doubt when the ozone module needs calibration, as an alternative ozone module can be fitted in the meantime.
Maintenance is also made easier thanks to the power-on self-test described above. This shows that the LEDs, relay circuit and alarm state are all functioning as normal, each time the unit is switched on.
Ozone Handheld Monitors
For portable ozone monitoring, Envin Scientific also supply Ozone Handheld Monitors with a similar modular design and rechargeable internal battery.
Their functionality is similar to the Ozone Mains Monitor, with a power button and a simple reset button, making it easier for operators to work across mains-powered and handheld devices as needed, without significant change in operation.
Both devices have product datasheets available for download from the Envin Scientific website, which can also be kept for future reference and training purposes.
For any enquiries relating to the Ozone Mains Monitor or Ozone Handheld Monitors, please check the product datasheets, and contact Envin Scientific directly with any questions that are not already answered.